Friday, January 2, 2009

Oh Honey...

Lest you think that I have an imaginary husband...since he will not allow me to post his pictures on my blog or facebook--even though he is quite handsome:)...this blog will start with a dedication to him whom I call honey...

I emptied the laundry out of the dryer, in which I had washed some of his shirts from work, to find this:




A pen had been left in his pocket, which broke and melted all over the dryer and the clothes in the dryer...

OH HONEY!!! It would not wipe off and finally melted off after 2 dryer cycles with the original load, which thankfully was a load of darks...



My next Oh honey ode...is to a charitable organization...Heifer International. A dear friend of mine, whom I occasionally have a hard time finding the perfect gift for Christmas, received a donation of honeybees and a flock of chicks in her honor. This organization gives livestock and other gifts, such as beehives with bees and bee-keeping gear, to communities to help them become self-reliant. They can use their livestock to feed their families and make a profit by selling goods from their animals. Then as their livestock reproduce they pay it forward by giving to another person in their community. It is a really neat organization and I encourage you to check out their website: www.heifer.org/catalog or you can call them at 1-800-422-0755. And because I can't leave you without a picture of one of my kids...here is a picture of the cutest little bee I have ever seen...

4 comments:

petiteblogger said...

what a cute little bee... :)

MGF said...

Oh the poor washer.

Love the gift idea.

Sarah said...

That is the most kissable bee I have ever seen!

Unknown said...

I laughed so hard when I read the first line, because seriously I still never seen your husband!!! I really am beginning to think he really is imaginary!!! Are you going to church on Sun? I would love to see you!