Friday, January 16, 2009

Husband + Grocery Store = Wrong Ingredients

So tonight I sent my hubby (who has a college education and is working on his master's) to the store to get 7 small red potatoes and 2 cans of sliced mushrooms. I told him the mushrooms would be by the canned tomatoes. This is what I got...

He said he only got one can of mushrooms because it was so big. He said Olivia, who is almost 5, found them (BTW--she cannot read yet). I said "I'm sure she did because these are tomatoes". He didn't believe me until he looked at the can and sure enough...tomatoes...at least they were organic.

I think men secretly do this so that we don't ask them to go to the store.

Oh well, he politely pointed out that at least I would have something to blog about.

3 comments:

MGF said...

Too funny- I know that Commander would of done the same thing.

But I would of begged to go to the store for some alone time- but he would of insisted that I take one of the three.

joy+will said...

from a well meaning husband's trip to the store, i once received parsley instead of cilantro and a green bell pepper instead of a jalapeno. talk about strange salsa!

Angie @ Flibbertigibberish said...

The last two sentences are the BEST! And sooo true. Funny story!