Friday, July 15, 2011

Defeated...

Defeated is how I feel today...
Every morning the kids and I go down to breakfast in the hotel (it is actually a pretty good buffet). They are usually pretty good, a little loud, but normal for a 7,6,2, and 1 year old. Sometimes older couples give us looks (aka glares) or mumble, but most of the time people are friendly and smile. I often get comments on how cute or well behaved they are, but not today. Today a man yelled at my kids and me. I shouldn't take it to heart because he was obviously crabby (he got into an argument with a man at the waffle maker before turning on me). He got onto my kids numerous times and then turned to me. I think I am mad because I didn't say anything to him, just ignored him...I don't think it would have done any good to comment, but maybe would have left me feeling better.
My kids weren't being excellent, but they weren't being over the top naughty either, just kids who have been living in a hotel for the last 2 weeks and with a single mom for 3 months before that...they were a little loud. Henrik likes to say "Ahh" as loud as he can, and for anyone who has met him, he thinks he's funny and discipline does little for him in that situation.
The lady who makes the breakfast was nice. She talked to me after and tried to encourage me. Then later when I came in from taking the girls to VBS the front desk lady was gushing over how much the hotel loves my kids. I told her that was nice to hear since I had been yelled at during breakfast, she told me that she heard about it and couldn't believe some people. She made me feel a little better.
I am still feeling defeated because I am doing the best I can (the people-pleaser in me wants to make everyone happy)!
I guess from here my day can only go up...

2 comments:

petiteblogger said...

Oh, I'm so sorry that happened. What a jerk. I'm glad that there were kind words for you after. Wish I could give you a hug!

mountainmama said...

Some people really enjoy being mean and grumpy. Don't spend any more time thinking about him! But I understand and relate otherwise; I hate wishing I had said something rather than kept quiet.
If it makes you any feel better, I am ABSOLUTELY SURE that someone spit in his waffle. Hee hee. XOX