So, the east coast is full of toll roads, almost every major highway is a toll road and they only take cash (or easy pass). We were running out of cash for tolls and even had to get a mail in toll at one NJ booth. So, as we approached Philly in need of more toll money, we pulled off at the last stop in Camden, NJ to get some cash. We pulled into a 7-11 to get some money and then the girls had to go to the bathroom. They didn't have a public bathroom, but they let us use the employee one. I knew the area was sketchy, but didn't realize the extent, until my cousin informed me that it is in the top three most dangerous cities in America every year. I googled it and last year they were number 1, but this year have fallen to #2. They are #1 for rape and robbery, #2 for assault, #4 for murders (if you rank the categories individually)...also on the list is motor vehicle thefts and burglary. We got a lot of looks while waiting in the parking lot at 7-11 and needless to say, next time we will take a toll ticket and not spend 20 minutes in Camden.
Also, to add to the excitement I have a shout out for Onstar! As I was leaving to get the girls from VBS the other day, my keys were nowhere to be found. Henrik kept saying uh-oh and pointing to the TV, but I couldn't find them behind the cabinet (that is later where they were found). I had left my diaper bag in the car the other day and I was praying my spare set was inside the bag. I called Onstar to unlock my car and hallelujah they were in the bag. Otherwise I don't know how I would have gotten the girls, especially since we are new in this city and I didn't have a friend to call that could pick up the girls. So, thank you Onstar for your help...and while I'm at it...sorry for all the accidental calls my one year old makes whenever he is let free in the car. 
No comments:
Post a Comment