Thursday, September 23, 2010

What would you do???

I am going to start a new segment for Thursdays titled (obviously) What would you do???
I would like your feedback or comments for discussion or just perspective...

So here it goes...

My neighbor (who I barely know) came over and asked to borrow a plunger. I lied (which I rarely do and am currently feeling very guilty) and said we don't have one. I just can't share something that is going to go into someone else's clogged toilet, I don't think it is just because I am a germaphobe...tell me would you share your plunger?

5 comments:

Angie @ Flibbertigibberish said...

I would've given her mine... and told her to keep it! Then I would've just picked up another one at Target next time I was there. $8 is a small price to pay for being neighborly!

And I don't care how well you know someone... you don't want that plunger back! LOL!

Kristina said...

I thought about giving it to him, but then thought Murphy's Law would be that I needed it tonight (Henrik has a stomach bug) or that they would insist on giving it back...

Sara L. B. B. said...

No way. Or, I like angie and just give it to her. My husband plunged the kitchen sink with ours. I freaked and bleached the entire kitchen down. Then, found a cute litle kitchen sink only plunger. That problem solved. Besides, can't she wal or drive the half mile to Home Depot?

Dena said...

I'm with Angie. Plus, I think plungers should be replaced every-so-often anyway. What a perfect excuse to have a new one!

Ew. Who asks for that?!

Jen said...

Hilarious! I probably would have said, "hmmm, that's gross, sharing a plunger." I would love to hear her response. I am sure I would have gotten to you can keep it OR I will watch your kids while you go buy one. I am sure I would have asked a million clairfying questions all while laughing with out control. "You don't have one?" Oh, and they only have one bathroom. I find this a hilarious perdiciment. Can you imagine asking all your neighbors for a plunger? It would be a hilarious venture to record. "Think you could call maintaince?" "If you need to use my bathroom in the until you can get a plunger you can!" (okay, but honestly I would rather give her my plunger than turn mine into a public restroom!) AT this point I would give her mine. Maybe I would be singing to the plunger "we are the champions my friends" as I gave it to her. Wishing her luck and commending her great courage for asking!