Monday, September 27, 2010

On this episode of a real Boulder County Housewife we will be giving away a Starbucks card...

Yes, there will be a Starbucks card giveaway, but since I am neither rich nor famous, it will only be for $5 and the first 2 comments to correctly guess the item will win...read on for item to be guessed.

All status updates this week are true and have happened in the last 7 days...

*They have been doing maintenance on our town home and in the middle of my shower turned off all our water (with no warning--hello, mothers of 4 need notice when water will not be available!!!)...I finally got to rinse off after 45 minutes and making many a maintenance man laugh--calling to ask about water and then venturing outside in my robe with sopping wet hair. I had 1 hour before I had to get to Olivia's girl scout meeting at the start of this fiasco...which was 5 minutes to get there by the time I was finally out of the shower.
*Liam got into the brown caulking (that they were putting on the windows) and ruined his new dinosaur shirt (it was really cute too-at least it only cost $3).
*Apparently my trashcan is just too boring, nothing a little chalk won't cure.
*Olivia informed me that she is in love...she loves so and so (names withheld to protect the innocent) and so and so loves her.

*Broke a bottle of milk all over the front porch.


*Found new entertainment for Henrik. Now if only he could learn how to do the laundry.

*Olivia sweetly decided to save up her money from earning jewels in her chore jar to buy Ella the Rapunzel hair that Ella has been wanting. This sweetness was the highlight of my week, especially after said child had a complete melt down at the girl scout meeting.


*Played Mancala with the girls and found out that Olivia likes to sort each cupful by color coordination before beginning, I don't know anyone in our family who is slightly neurotic.

*Henrik threw up into (yes into) my mouth, eyes, and hair (I was laying down and he was sitting up on my stomach). Henrik also threw up at Chick-fila and after I cleaned everything up I sat down and finished my salad. I also found Henrik's vomit in the cracks on my cell phone. Because I have been thrown up on so much this week I have not gone longer than 24 hours without a shower...maybe that was Henrik's goal, no more gross mommy.

*Spent half of Sunday in the ER with Henrik for persistent vomiting (all week) and inconsolable crying, he was fine, just has a bad virus. Although now I don't know, we are still going, maybe he has developed an allergy to his formula?

*While in the ER I cleaned out my diaper bag...besides the many receipts can you guess what item I found in my bag and threw away? Clue: It is unusual for a diaper bag to contain this thing and I found at least 20 of them in different sizes. The first 2 people to correctly guess this item will win a $5 Starbucks card each...comment must be left on blog post, not on facebook. If your original guess is incorrect, you may guess again until 2 people have correctly guessed. If necessary I will give clues...

Good luck!

12 comments:

unknown said...

Jewels

BoyDena said...

Rubberbands?

Sara L. B. B. said...

finger nail tips or acrylics.

Jessica said...

Diapers? That are now to small.

Heather said...

hmmmm....paper clips?

Gaga Linda said...

toy cars/trucks/trains

Kristina said...

Nope, something thrown in by a small child...

petiteblogger said...

crayons?

petiteblogger said...

noodles?

Kristina said...

Think heavier...

Nicole said...

After discussing with my three children, we are going with rocks.

Jen said...

Rocks for sure!