Thursday, October 20, 2011

House Pictures!!! and a giveaway!!!

Welcome to our humble abode...
The planters used to be an ugly, stained white and I thought I would paint them to match the shutters. This was the first attempt, which was atrocious. I think they look pretty good now though.
Liam loved decorating this monster for the door...it was in the $1 bin at Joann Fabrics.
Now to the Living Room...
Some beautiful CO pics that I received as a gift.
While my mom was here, she started a game of hanging the little monkeys from the Barrel of Monkeys game around the house in funny places. In the pictures below, there is a monkey just "hanging around". The first person to find and identify the location of the monkey will receive a prize. The prize is a fun set of dish towels and some yummy snacks from Trader Joe's!
I moved some things after the original pics, which is why if you are observant you'll see the fruit bowl is now on the left.
A nice little mess left during an escape at nap time...Notice all of the food from Trader Joe's!
Bedroom pictures to come...

9 comments:

MaryRay said...

Hi - Great pics. Looks like you have a knack for decorating. The monkey is behind your stove, hanging above the blue wine bottle

Lynn said...

I see a red monkey hanging on the white bracket above the stove!

Lynn said...

Aw I was a minute too late! Ashton saw the picture of the mess on the floor and he said "Naughty naughty!" Haha, he would know :)

Nancye said...

I love your house, Kristina! We'll definitely have to come see it in person some time.

Anonymous said...

Love it. Cute Monkey too!! Looks ready for me to come visit now!!!

cassie mulcahy said...

Wow! Your house looks amazing! I loved the pictures. You all look so happy! We miss your family out here in Colorado!

Gaga Linda said...

Yes, you have some REAL little monkeys that can escape gates, doors, and get into refrigerators....

salli said...

I'm started to get jealous...I'm STILL not nearly as unpacked! Maybe by June my house will look like yours. :)

Michelle E said...

Blue monkey on the dish soap! Your mom is fun :) Love love love your house, looks like home (and the stairs by the entry remind me of your Boulder home :) Sophie has the blue backpack too!