
So many reasons for my recent absence from the blogging world, which will be another blog for another time.
My computer died...again...seriously!?! Actually it got a really bad virus that ruined it. Then I got a new computer and my modem died. Apparently, I was not meant to have Internet access this holiday season. I am now back online and just in time for my surgery, which is my topic of discussion today.
I was going to post to see people's thoughts on plastic surgery. I used to be anti-plastic surgery. I have changed my tune, enough so that I just had plastic surgery, though a portion was deemed medically necessary. I am not into it in the way that Heidi Montag or Michael Jackson seemed to be, just more for being comfortable in your own body. I wrestled with this decision for a long time.
In some ways I was very proud of the scars that I bore from 5 pregnancies and 6 babies (all in five years), but I was also very uncomfortable with the permanent bulge of my belly. I got asked it least every 3 weeks if I was pregnant, and most often by complete strangers!!! My stomach would hang over my tankini bottoms if I wasn't careful. The way my c-section scar smiled at me with it's droopy lip; it was the battle scar of a mother, but also a major cut in self confidence.
So, after many consults with Dr.'s (not just plastic surgeons--Ob's and general practitioners)who said there was nothing I could do to get rid of the droopy lip, except to have a tummy tuck, I eventually decided it was time. Believe me I tried. I was running 3 miles a day with little results in the belly. I tried yoga. I even had a personal trainer for a time. Still, a nice droopy layer of skin.
I also felt guilty about all the people in the world who don't have medicine or clean water and here I am worried about my belly. I am also responsible for four small children, is it a wise choice to choose to have a dangerous procedure?
I knew my body wasn't perfect, nor did I expect it to be, but I couldn't handle looking pregnant all the time either.
So, I did it. I met with 2 amazing plastic surgeons that were highly recommended by a friend who is an OR nurse. I chose one and had the procedure last Monday. I am glad I did. When people close to you admit that it looked funny, you know it must look bad, so I am glad to have lopped off that funny looking droopy lip of skin. The Dr. actually cut off six inches!!! WOW!!! He also fixed some severe muscle damage, which will actually be partially covered by insurance. The way one Dr. put it was now that the core is back together your workouts will actually be effective in this area, he said I was working twice as hard as the average person with half the results.
I don't think I will ever get plastic surgery again (although years ago I would have said I never would ever), but I am happy with my choice.
What are your thoughts on plastic surgery?
My computer died...again...seriously!?! Actually it got a really bad virus that ruined it. Then I got a new computer and my modem died. Apparently, I was not meant to have Internet access this holiday season. I am now back online and just in time for my surgery, which is my topic of discussion today.
I was going to post to see people's thoughts on plastic surgery. I used to be anti-plastic surgery. I have changed my tune, enough so that I just had plastic surgery, though a portion was deemed medically necessary. I am not into it in the way that Heidi Montag or Michael Jackson seemed to be, just more for being comfortable in your own body. I wrestled with this decision for a long time.
In some ways I was very proud of the scars that I bore from 5 pregnancies and 6 babies (all in five years), but I was also very uncomfortable with the permanent bulge of my belly. I got asked it least every 3 weeks if I was pregnant, and most often by complete strangers!!! My stomach would hang over my tankini bottoms if I wasn't careful. The way my c-section scar smiled at me with it's droopy lip; it was the battle scar of a mother, but also a major cut in self confidence.
So, after many consults with Dr.'s (not just plastic surgeons--Ob's and general practitioners)who said there was nothing I could do to get rid of the droopy lip, except to have a tummy tuck, I eventually decided it was time. Believe me I tried. I was running 3 miles a day with little results in the belly. I tried yoga. I even had a personal trainer for a time. Still, a nice droopy layer of skin.
I also felt guilty about all the people in the world who don't have medicine or clean water and here I am worried about my belly. I am also responsible for four small children, is it a wise choice to choose to have a dangerous procedure?
I knew my body wasn't perfect, nor did I expect it to be, but I couldn't handle looking pregnant all the time either.
So, I did it. I met with 2 amazing plastic surgeons that were highly recommended by a friend who is an OR nurse. I chose one and had the procedure last Monday. I am glad I did. When people close to you admit that it looked funny, you know it must look bad, so I am glad to have lopped off that funny looking droopy lip of skin. The Dr. actually cut off six inches!!! WOW!!! He also fixed some severe muscle damage, which will actually be partially covered by insurance. The way one Dr. put it was now that the core is back together your workouts will actually be effective in this area, he said I was working twice as hard as the average person with half the results.
I don't think I will ever get plastic surgery again (although years ago I would have said I never would ever), but I am happy with my choice.
What are your thoughts on plastic surgery?
4 comments:
Happy Healing! I think when you are all healed we need pictures of your new hot abs. (p.s I am a little jealous)
I honor your decision. I only had two kiddos and no c-sections. when I talked about my belly to the plastic surgeons, they said I was too skinny for the tram flap. But, what about this slly, flappy smile of skin? So glad you took care of yours and hope it lets you feel great to see yourself. Jealous your workouts will be more effective. I wonder if that is my problem. I heard about the seperated muscle thing.
I think you are wonderful and honest and I am excited to see your hotness. : )
You deserve it! I am so excited for you!! YES!
Post a Comment