Thursday, December 2, 2010

I quit...

Do you ever have days where you feel like you just want to quit being a mom? I know that I don't mean it and as soon as I say it I want to take it back (because I know that I would give anything to be a mom of six and have back the babies I lost)--I am just tired...the kids have been sick for days, I was sick and still haven't fully recovered, and my husband (who we'll call Mr. Privacy since he wants nothing about him mentioned) has been really sick. I think when husbands are sick it is the worst, not only can they not help, but they are such babies when they are sick (sorry sweetie) --sometimes it is harder taking care of him than it is taking care of the kids...maybe because I am jealous that I can't just lay in bed sick.
When I was a nanny in college one of the moms I sat for took a night off and went to a hotel by herself. I remember thinking that was weird..."who would want to go to a hotel alone and stay in all night?", well, "I DO!!!" It sounds so wonderful to stay in bed all night alone and get room service and have no one ask me for anything and to sleep with no interruptions. Now I get it.
I think my sleep deprivation (the boys were up every hour last night for long stretches...and up since 3am the night before...) is making me crabby, so I'd better stop writing before negative nancy becomes bitchy barb...sorry for anyone named nancy or barb--nothing implied.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Word, Mama. You are a great wife and mom and it's ok to be Bitchy Barb every now and then. No judgement. Only love. : )

Angie @ Flibbertigibberish said...

I have a friend who stayed in a hotel just a few weeks ago! It's just a few blocks from her house. I think it's BRILLIANT. This was her status on FB: "hotel room down the street $64. 1/8 gallon gas to drive to hotel $0.31. real simple magazine from news stand $4.50. husband keeping the kids while insisting that i sleep all night...priceless." LOVE IT.

And yes. Husbands are BIG HUGE BABIES when they're sick!!!!!!