Friday, February 5, 2010

Gettin Crafty...

The girls attended a friend's pajama party where the mom made each guest a pillowcase as a party favor and I thought it was a fabulous idea. Olivia just celebrated her 6th birthday (that blog to come...) and wanted a pajama party with one of her girlfriends. I thought it would be fun to make a pillowcase favor.
We went and picked out fabric...she wanted leopard print and we couldn't find any, so we settled on a monkey fabric, and of course after it was all cut, we saw some leopard print on sale...so Olivia and Ella got one of each and their friend got a monkey pillowcase. I also made some for myself and I made some monkey ones for the boys and left out the pink satin trim.
For the main body I used a flannel fabric, the trim is satin, and the ends are a super-soft luxe chenille type fabric.
I left the link to the original blog if you would like instructions on how to make your own. They are pretty easy once you figure it out (I did have to read the directions a few times). I think they are really special and a great personalized gift idea!


1 comment:

petiteblogger said...

Those are so cute! I'm glad you put a picture up... :)