I am so excited to be the proud mother of 4 beautiful children!
Henrik Olsen
weighed in at 7 lbs. 14 oz.
(all the Dr.'s and nurses in the OR were picking weights right before the surgery and I said he would be 7lbs 14oz and no one thought he would be that big since he was 38wks 2 days. Guess who got it right on!)
he was 20.5 inches long
I went into the hospital about 7 pm with contractions that were 3-5 minutes apart, but I had just eaten, so they wanted to wait to do the c-section until midnight. They didn't want me to contract too long because of the risk of uterine rupture. Then since my contractions hadn't caused me to dilate anymore, they decided to wait until morning and put me to bed with vicoden and ambien. Then in the morning they wanted me to walk because the contractions had slowed down. They picked back up to every 3-5 minutes, but no more dilation. But a new doctor had come on and wanted to wait a little more (I had been through 3 different doctors by this point, who all had different opinions). So after much discussion about the risk of rupture versus the baby being too early they decided to do an amnio to make sure his lungs were developed (Kaiser is very cautious about doing anything before 39 weeks, even though all my other kids were 38 weeks and by my original due date I was 39 weeks) and then the c-section would be that evening. Of course his lungs were ready and we did his c-section, which by then my doctor was on, which made me happy.As soon as they pulled Henrik out both doctors agreed he was full term. They also said my uterus was so thin that they could see through it. They told me that I should not have any more children...so four, no more. They also said that they couldn't see anything from the twin, there was a thickening of the placenta where he/she was, but nothing they could test.
They just lifted the hospital ban on no kids visiting the night I went in with contractions. The girls were so excited to be able to meet their new baby brother.


We went for a walk in the halls and they brought their new babies too.


1 comment:
Congratulations ! You have a beautiful family, and I'm so happy for you. When you do figure out how to get stuff done, could you let me know the trick ? :)
Post a Comment