Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Playing catch-up

That is the story of my life...I am always playing catch-up to something: the laundry, the dishes, and don't get me started on my poor photo albums...so now I am going to catch-up on my blog and a few of the big events we missed this month.
Olivia lost her first tooth! It happened to be the same day that Henrik got his first tooth! It was the exact same tooth! The wonderful and stupid tooth fairy left $1 and a bunch of silver fairy dust which I am still finding in their hair.

Liam loves to climb into Henrik's crib with him and I often find them like this. I love this! Liam sat for his first movie ever...well thirty minutes of it, which is a record for him (usually it is about 2 minutes)...his new favorite movie--Tinkerbell and the great fairy escape. This same movie I also ended up purchasing from red box because I forgot to take it back for 2 weeks straight...so we are now the proud owners of said movie.
The girls also LOVE their pillow pets!!! Ella got hers as a gift and Olivia saved up her chore money to buy hers. Liam also got one as a gift and loves it too.

And for a quick embarrassing moment...while at Costco with the kids today while we are over by the TV's--
Ella: "Mom there are people dressing scary trying to scare people"
Me: "Oh" (half-listening)
Ella: "No, mom really they are trying to scare people."
Me: "OK" (figuring she is watching something on the TV)
Ella: "Mom they are very scary...do you see them?"
Me: "What" (turning to see what is on the TV)...then thinking oh crap because I see two Muslim woman dressed in black burkas with only their eyes showing...which are staring right at me and Ella...then I had to explain that they weren't trying to scare anyone and that it was part of their religion to dress that way.
Ella explaining it to Olivia: "Just like we believe in Jesus, they believe in covering their skin".
Seriously what is it about Costco and embarrassing conversations...have I told you about the one where they asked what Maxi-pads were for in front of a hot college guy who then turned and asked, "Yes, what are those for?"...

Well, now we are a little caught up...maybe my next blog will have some Halloween pictures...hopefully before Christmas.

No comments: