Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Keep Praying...

So here is an update about the crazy things going on in my house...
I had a positive pregnancy test while I was away in TX, but also had a small amount of light brown spotting, so when I got home I scheduled an appointment with the doctor just to check my hormone levels and make sure everything was okay. (I am nervous after my miscarriage with baby Zachariah--he was between Ella and Liam).

So, on Monday they did a vaginal ultrasound and couldn't find anything. They said that could be normal and maybe our timing was off or it could possibly be ectopic. They decided to watch the hormone levels and let me know on Thurs. The PA called Monday night and said my levels were almost 8000 and she should have seen something so I could either go to the emergency room for an ultrasound or she had one scheduled for Tuesday.

I went in Tuesday and in the ultrasound they saw nothing in my uterus, but saw a 2 cm mass in my right fallopian tube near the ovary. The doctor I saw that afternoon wanted me to take a shot of a chemotherapy medicine to dissolve the mass/baby. I had a lot of questions and had her consult a specialist. The specialist said that there is a chance that there could be twins and that could be the cause for the high hcg levels without seeing a gestational sac. The doctor said it was a 1 in 30000 chance that one twin was normal and one was ectopic. I decided to wait and see, which means I cannot be alone and need someone with me at all times in case the tube were to rupture because then you have the potential to bleed out very quickly.

So today...Wednesday I got my hormone levels checked again and my hcg hormone levels more than doubled. Then during my vaginal ultrasound she found 3 black spots. One looked like a possible pregnancy sac, the other two were hard to decipher. She said with my levels being so high, there should be something bigger, but if there are multiples then it would be high without being as far along. There is a chance that there is one normal pregnancy and one in the tube that is abnormal also causing funny numbers b/c multiples should go up more like triple or quadruple. My ovulation cycle could be off b/c it was my first period after Liam. There is also a chance that the mass could be a tumor and my pregnancy is normal and the tumor could have been there for awhile. The mass in the tube was defined as blood and cells, so she said it could be an ectopic pregnancy or a tumor. If there is a tumor or ectopic pregnancy and a normal pregnancy, the abnormal mass can be removed surgically while preserving the healthy pregnancy. On Friday we have another ultrasound (complete-vaginal and tubes etc.) to see if any of the areas have grown. I also have another blood test Friday for hcg levels and a CBC (complete blood count). Then I will see the doctor in the afternoon to get the results of all of the tests and go from there. I am still not allowed to be alone or drive for fear that the tube could rupture and I could bleed out very quickly.

So please pray for the growth of the baby/babies and clarity on Friday. Please pray for my safety as well. I am glad that I chose not to get the shot yesterday, the doctor was pushing for it really hard and I just couldn't do it with a chance...1 in 30000 there has to be someone to be the one. Thanks! I'll keep you posted!

5 comments:

Deann said...

Oh my Kristina... what an long few days you have had. We have been praying for you and will continue to do so. Let me know if you need some company. (((hugs)))

Heather said...

I think you made the right decision regarding the shot. Way to trust in God vs. what doctors say. I am praying for you and have been since I read your facebook status the first time. Love and hugs sent your way.

Dena said...

I'm praying for you and your family. What a difficult time! I'm proud of you for trusting in God and His perfect will!

((HUGS))

joy+will said...

oh kris! i don't understand all of this but am praying - and HE does! even more than the docs!!! keep us updated!

Unknown said...

Hi Friend, I am praying for you! Let me know if you need anything!