Sunday, September 14, 2008

Zachariah's Song...

So, one year ago today I officially lost baby Zachariah. I have been working on a poem for him for a while now and finally finished it today. It is a compliation of various lines from different songs, all put together to make Zachariah's song. I miss him very much. So, here's my tribute to him...

Zachariah’s Song

I can’t understand.
God can take a dying man and raise him up to life again.
When all night long I’ve pleaded and cried,
See he’s not just anyone; he’s my son;
But, the Lord gives and takes away, and my heart will choose to say,
Blessed be Your name.

So, this is how it feels when the sacred is torn from you life?
Without you I’m not okay.
I’m broken inside…
Still and filled with pain.
Lord, this ache is just too much for me to take.
These wounds won’t seem to heal.

You see…it’s in the wee small hours of the morning…
That’s the time you miss him most of all.
Every single day, every time I pray I am missing you.
Your face it haunts my once pleasant dreams,
So, tonight I’ll drift in a dream with you
Because I belong with you.
I have tried so hard to tell myself that you’re gone,
But your memory’s so clear.

Where do I go from here?
At the end of your rope when you can find any hope?

I’ll hold tight to what I know…
Time is in His hands, beginning and the end.
Everything He holds in His hand.
You’re here and I’m never alone.
Though my heart holds you just one beat away,
I’ll cry to Jesus and live.
I hear love whisper through the darkest of times, ‘You’ll get through this…’

Lord, where you lead me I will follow.
How beautiful is your unfailing love.
You are my rock.

So, sweet baby, it’s time to say goodbye.
I can’t recreate what just might have been.
Though I belong with you and a breath’s not far to where you are.
I will wait.
I will remember you.
You will remain my forever love, watching me from up above,
Where love will live on and never leave.
So is forever enough?
Cause that’s how long you will be loved.

1 comment:

Deann said...

That is so beautiful.